CityGroups is a searchable public directory that allows community organizers and residents to find community groups by location and topic."
- Searchable. Search by location or topic. Generate lists of community groups in your neighborhood.
- Community Editable. Like a wiki, anyone can add or update information about local groups.
- Social Directory. Groups can be categorized, mapped & shared.
- Any and all groups included. We make it easier to find the little groups, be they “over the fence”, e-mail lists or any group with a link to a web page.
- Quality control. CityGroups provides simple tools for reporting if a group is recommended, or “dead.” Imagine if email lists and blog sites from 3 years ago could have Yelp and Meetup-like features.
- Standardized, open data. Using a simple data standard, humans and computers can import and export data from the system. Supports CSV import and JSON export (API).
- Supports Data Collection Projects. We support reaching out to collect community groups by neighborhood, by topic, or in partnership with local community focused non-profits. Provides customizable front-end for data collection efforts.