Back to Project List
 Project Details
Maps (map.occupy.net) is a collection of user-driven interactive maps of occupied areas.
 Project Name - Occupy Map
A crowdsourced map of photos videos and stories about Occupy events, actions, and history. Also can be used as a tool to monitor law enforcement.
 Point People
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
TechOps plus collaboration with March Hare Communications collective and other Ushahidi developers
 Report Back
 Project Management
 Get Involved
Join the #occupymap IRC discussion/dev/support channel on irc.freenode.net The project is also tracked in Pivotal
 Event-Specific Maps
OccupyMap can be used for event / action specific purposes.
- Create a localization
- Create specific categories
- Create specific layers
- Create a private, real-time deployment (for exmaple, #D17)
 Content Guidelines
- Try to post unedited, first-hand accounts to OccupyMap. Raw video + photos. Tweets. News stories can be posted if there are no other sources, but we're looking for unfiltered subjective experiences.
- Include as much information about the time and date of the event as possible
- Tweet or retweet to #occupymap
 Similar Projects
 Exploring Other Mapping Applications