Occupedia is an open platform. We welcome your contributions.
We would be delighted if you post short articles or other items of general interest. It is easy. Here's how:
- Search for an item in the search bar (right side of yellow banner above), we will use "Rufus" in this example.
- If "Rufus" does not exist, it will say Create the page "Rufus" on this wiki!
- Rufus will be in red. Click on Rufus and an empty editing window will open up.
- Put [[Category: Occupedia]] on the first line so the Wiki will know where to put your new page.
- Then type the content of your article in the window in plain text. That is, type just as you would type an e-mail -- no special characters or codes needed.
- When you are done, please enter a short description of what you've done in the Summary box and then click "SAVE PAGE. If you want to see what the page will look like before you save, you can click SHOW PREVIEW
To edit an existing page, you go to the page, click the EDIT tab and then follow the instructions starting at step 4.
We encourage you to include links to sources or related information. You can just put the url in the article and it will work. Or, if you want to be a little neater, you can put the url in brackets [ ] with url you want for the link followed by the text you want. For example:
[http://wiki.occupy.net/wiki/Category:Occupedia This is a link to the Occupedia Index]
This is a link to the Occupedia Index
If you are venturesome, you can use other features to insert headings, italics or other things.
f you need help, press EDITING HELP at the bottom of the screen if you are in editing mode.