Being an admin on NYCGA.net can be a fun and rewarding experience where you are responsible to the community both internal and external.
This page will outline the policies and practices that you, the admin, will carry out.
 Becoming an Admin
To become an admin you must enter into the Tech Ops web of trust by knowing fellow members and admin personally, attending meetings, being involved, and upholding Occupy Principles.
There are a number of responsibilities that come along with your unbridled power. It's important to take these seriously and act in a principled and neutral way while performing tasks on the site.
 Maintaining Announcement Bar
Read the full article on the NYCGA.net Announcement bar
It's super simple if you have a basic understanding of HTML:
 Reporting Content
To report inappropriate content on nycga.net, users can:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - a Tech Ops admin will review and respond directly to the reporter
- Flag the content as inappropriate - flagging will log the report, and if at least 2 people report a user or content, a message will automatically be sent to the poster and to tech ops
- Submit a report to the website feedback form - a Tech Ops admin will review and respond directly to the reporter
 Managing Reported Content
Reported users or content are recorded at BuddyPress Moderation
Reported users can be handled in two different ways:
- Mark a reported user as a spammer in BuddyPress Moderation, the user account is blocked and the content is hidden from the site
- Find and delete the user from the site in Network Users; this will also delete all content posted by the user
If a user is deleted from the site, it should be recorded as a ticket in the Admin Use of Power Log
A record of all actions can be found at Admin Use of Power Log
 Event Management
See the event checklist.
 User Support
Users can submit support requests or questions to feedback form . When a user submits the Website Feedback form:
- Form is automatically inserted into a Google spreadsheet and those on the email@example.com email receive notification of a new submission
- Support person reviews the submission and follows up as appropriate
- Follow-up and other comments are entered into the spreadsheet
- Direct responses to the reporter are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the issue is resolved, it's marked as Closed in the Status column