Occupy Radio FM Working Group
- A Not for Profit Organization with Dedicated Media, IT, Outreach and Support Staff
- Distributed National Working Group Volunteers
http://www.occupyradio.fm - Broken DNS 2012/08/01
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“A Not For Profit Organization for, by and about the concerns of the occupiers serving to plan, implement and administer freely available voice, video and multimedia broadcast services to expand community media capacity and cultivate economic and social justice discourse through arts, educational and news programming”
- Occupy Radio FM is the result of intensive 6-week modeling, peer review and broadcast alpha-test process involving professionals from the fields of IT, A/V Production, Media, Design and Community Outreach.
- Occupy Radio FM will build a national network and provide free training, broadcast tools, airtime, distribution and content systems to 12 sister affiliates at launch.
- A flagship operation, occupyradio.fm affiliates will set their own content and editorial agendas.
- Occupy Radio FM will have the ability to create one new channel per month adding 24 hours of additional programming per broadcast day and expanding broadcast rotation to 12 new affiliates each month of our operations.
- Planned Occupation Site Sister Sister Sites Are: Austin, Chicago, Columbia (SC),Denver, Houston, L.A., Miami, Oakland, OWS(NYC), Seattle and Vancouver with dedicated Spanish language site TBA. Additional sites bringing focus to social and economic justice issues is forthcoming.
- Occupy Radio FM listeners will be able to tune-in via web, phone and physical receivers.
- In addition to being able to listen in via web, phone and physical receivers, Occupy Radio FM has received invitations from other non-commercial land-based broadcast stations to syndicate our programming in each North American time-zone.
- Occupy Radio FM is a non-partisan, non-profit community media organization and welcomes those interested in supporting our mission to donate via our secure and private transaction system. We have designed our models to ensure that the smallest donation can have maximum impact increasing broadcast capacity.
- Occupy Radio FM will feature tools for musicians, poets and podcasters to license and submit original works for broadcasts rotation and for our website visitors to enjoy and share.
- Occupy Radio FM has designed and will deploy freely available citizen journalist tools, apps and emergency broadcast systems to ensure NO. MORE. MEDIA. BLACKOUTS.
- Beta-test of the media streaming services, Live Broadcasting Modules model has been completed via http://occupyradioaustin.org.
- A scalable noncommercial, broadcast, content and distribution model has advanced through peer review.
- Work on the server, content, streaming and broadcast services administration systems is underway.
- A One Page Website with a informational slide show and a donation widget is now live at on: http://www.occupyradio.fm
- A PDF Overview About Occupy Radio FM, its purpose and goals is available for sharing and distribution via:http://www.occupyradio.fm/tenthingsaboutoccupyradiofm.pdf
- National Outreach and Coordination efforts are underway and that effort is a collaboration between Occupy Wall Street Media Team Members and Occupyradio.fm Media Members.
- We have confirmed 7 sister-sites, thus far members from: Occupy Wall Street, Occupy Houston, Occupy Radio Austin, Occupy Miami,Occupy Portland, and Occupy Columbia (SC) have signed on.
- A Phone App for iPhone/Droid systems for collecting 99% Stories/Occupation Stories & Citizen Journalist Reports has been tested and will be available at launch.
- The design of Emergency Broadcast Protocol and Systems has been reviewed and is under development.
- A Knowledge Base System(KBS) has been implemented. Work developing articles and tutorials on broadcast tools, systems etc. are under way.
- Procurement of the 2-Channels available at launch allowing 48 hours of programming per broadcast day to an unlimited number of listeners is expected to be finished Monday, 11/21/11.
- A 'Training' broadcast channel to familiarize affiliates with our systems are expected to be available by 11/28/11.
- Social media engagement has began. On Twitter, follow us @occupyradiofm. On Facebook, like us at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Radio/318465641503947
- National Teleconferences for sister sites and those interested is now an ongoing process.
- For more info, or to get involved, please email: email@example.com