Project Team
 Site Taglines
- "Shit is fucked up and bullshit"
- "Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker." - Mikhail Bakunin
- "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Krishnamurti
- "Without deviation progress is not possible." - Frank Zappa
- "No one is free who is not master of himself." - Claudius
- "If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion." - Noam Chomsky
- "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." - Alice Walker
- "Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want rain without thunder and lightning." - Frederick Douglass
- "If you don't control your mind, someone else will." - John Allston
- "Grown men do not need leaders." - Edward Abbey
- "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams
- "Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others." - Edward Abbey
ref: mental anarchism
 Future Releases
This section is for projects/sites/ideas that people have emailed us and asked us to promote/tweet/share/post. Right now, we don't really have a good way to do that. Soon, though, when occupywallstreet.net is live, we hopefully will. So, in the meantime, to help clean up our email inboxes and keep this list open and up-to-date, let's consolidate these things here. I expect them to someday find their way into the "Spotlight" feature of the site, or similar.
- Design Working Group
- The purpose of the Design Area would be to create and collect with some general curation. It would include a more functional "toolbox" type of area where people can download not only finished posters but also have tools so that people can create their own posters choosing from helpful assets like infographics and images. We would love if these assets might eventually have a pull-down menu/tagged search by topic. So if you were looking for an infographic on labor or environment, you could find it easily.
- The other half of the area that would be hosted by Design, will be more of a place with a "voice" to make announcements. One of the very first things we would like to announce is a bi-weekly poster challenge to the GA and the public, we'd post these in a gallery where people can leave comments. Perhaps the posters with the most comments could rise to the top? It is our hope that through posting a variety of exceptional work that some organic (not forced) branding may begin to take shape by literally what "rises to the top." We think it's important to hear many visual voices throughout all the occupations.
- Some other parts the Design area may include: photos of hand made signs---(a place to get inspired by messages), photos from the movement both "inside" and outside. Show people what we do--that we are productive humans just like them that if they joined our movement it's not like being on another planet as the media spins it)*** and finally links to all the other image and design-related groups like Occuprint and OccupyDesign who specialize in things in their own right. We hope to try to create some traffic between us and appear like we are somewhat connected in the name of the movement.
- Finally a place for humor! It's important that we have a personality and can laugh at ourselves. The design group might do this by posting memes like this or [http://heygirloccupy.tumblr.com/ this.
- Feed The Movement: We are a little self-organized effort to create a supply chain from small farmers in VT/MA/NY who support the OWS movement, and the Occupied Kitchen. We've been organizing deliveries of donated farm produce for the past few weeks, working with the Kitchen folks. We're starting to organize delivery to Boston, and may branch out to other occupations too. Really, we hope that folks all over the country will be organizing to get fresh farm produce to their occupations, and to support small farmers at the same time. To that end, last week we launched a website, with a donate button, hoping to raise funds from people everywhere who would like to support the OWS movement, AND the small farm economy at the same time. We're also making photo and video shorts of the farmers who are donating, with their messages of support for the occupiers and their thoughts on the place of farming and food issues in the dialogue surrounding OWS.
- feed the movement on facebook
- feed the movement on google groups - an open group - all welcome to join.
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- here is an open letter from lisa fithian and starhawk that i believe should be posted and tweeted widely to help with culture. they are both amazing veterans of social movements and have been highly involved in occupies around the country. it's here http://trainersalliance.org/
- I have found something that I think should be put up on the website and everyone should listen to. We have been asking questions, but this is a solution - this interview with Raf Manji is incredible, and talks about economics, debt and yes, OWS. Raf Manji studied economics and finance at Manchester University and traded the global financial markets on behalf of investment banks in London for 11 years. He moved to Christchurch in 2002 and works as a social entrepreneur and is the founder of the independent policy development space, the Sustento Institute. This interview is radical, mind-blowing and will change the understanding of the situation we now find ourselves in. These are real solutions. I beg you all to listen to this! http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/saturday/audio/2502425/raf-manji-money-and-the-economy
 Old Stuff
We're looking for people to do the following types of work:
- Front Page Management
- Front Page Editor checks the quality of featured content, ensures it's got the appropriate pictures, videos, citations, etc and publishes it to the site's front page. This person will also help determine whether to place Livestream or normal content in the main feature box.
- Twitter will most likely be managed by the folks @occupywallstnyc. You can learn more about by reading Tweet With OWS.
- Coverage will identify and post articles from the alternative and mainstream media relevant to OWS.
- Events will provide a list of MAJOR events taking place relevant to OWS. A more thorough events page will be developed for version 2.
- Content Production
- Writers will be asked to produce a number of types of different content:
- Stories are content pieces that may include reports on events, investigations, opinion pieces and other types of articles.
- Summaries provide a synopsis of news over time. For example: "this week in the occupy movement" would provide a summary of major news items from different occupations.
- Documentation of best practices requires someone familiar with a specific topics (ex. food) to create knowledge resources that others can use and build upon.
- Original content
- Working groups
- Curation (Newswire)
- Rich Media Production
- Podcasts, etc
- Organizer: Set up open meetings
- Support: Respond to Contact Requests
- Wordpress (Subdomains)
- Editorial Workflow
- Newswire Curation
 Things we need to think about
- Website organization.
- Stories/themes to follow.
- Coordinating contributors.
- Branding and design.
- Original content (text, photos, video) created by someone for OWS.net
- Opportunities (projects, events, press releases) people can use to create content.
- Curated content (highlights, summaries, documentation) that is derived from existing content.
- Developing and maintaining the technologies behind the site
- Ensuring that the community is working transparently, inclusively and effectively
- Acquiring and allocating resources in a way that meets the needs of contributors
 Home Content
- About Blurb
- GA Statements
- Press Updates
- Featured Newswire Feed
- Twitter Feed
- Video Channels
- Press Kit
- Media Contact
- Email Newsletter
- Top Blurb
- GA Documents
- Explanatory Materials
 Types of Content
- Summaries: Overviews of news and information from disparate sources.
- Editorials: Thought-pieces consistent with OWS values, written by movement participants.
- Investigations: Thoroughly researched stories about issues important to movement participants.
- Events: Highlighted future event information, or fact-based summaries of events
- GA Statements:
- Page Content is copy that appears on the page, such as UI copy, explanatory text
- Editable by a Content Manager or Admin only
- Article are items that must go through the workflow within OWS.net
- Rotating Tagline: Under the site name in the header, a tagline will appear; a random tagline from a pool will be displayed each time a page is loaded.
 Meeting Notes
- Pre-launch organizing meetings: