Call 1
On the agenda:
- wiki categories
- newswire channels
- forum titles
- naming conventions - in general
Occupy Taxonomy Call #1 Tuesday 4/10/12 Maestro Board Manager(s): Devin Note Taker(s) : Devin, + more please Maestro Call Registration Link for This Call: http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/AJ8V3ONT22GS2G7A Resources
Communication using phone keypad (go through numbers 1-5): 1 Stack, 2 Twinkles/Agree, 3 Disagree, 4 Direct respond, 5 Point of process or Tech support
- Devin - occupy.net coordinator and occupywallstreet.net
- Jenny- occupysf, wants to get into taxonomy, FGA and Drupal
- Amgine - hosting occupy.net wiki and occupymediawiki group
- Dana - occupy.net coordinator, FGA, Global Square, etc
- Lippe - wiki.occupy.net, newswire.occupy.net and FGA. Significant interest in information management.
- Sam - FGA
- Explanation of the Occupy Info Ecosystem and why harmonizing tags is so important
- Brainstorm use cases for harmonized tags
- Discuss what people are... discussing
- How we can harmonize?
- Next Steps
- High level vs. granular (lippe)
- RDF, triplets, limits of taxonomy (lippe)
- Limits of application / translation layers (lippe)
- Spec to manage (lippe)
- What are the sources of good data to determine tag names
Sam: its only reasonable to expect folks to tag one axis of data What people are using right now to publish content:
- facebook (pages/events/groups)
What are the classes of information that might be tagged?
- GA minutes
- WG minutes
- Urgent Announcement
2nd sparse set (noun types)
- Formal document
- Media object (picture/sound/video)
- Geographic object (intersection, Statue of Liberty, building, physical location or thing.)
Least number of Axes and the least number of tag options(!):
- harmonized tag
- temporal (date)
- geo location
Sources of Tags:
- Occupy.net Wiki
- Articulate use cases / user stories - for instance, actual projects, and the set of classes they use
- Outreach to web teams for agreements of federation (beyond NYC/SF)
- Central place to collect taxonomy data? Interoccupy? http://data.occupy.net ?
- Help /Training documents for adding content / creating channels
- Taxonomy early detection system
- Dev instance of newswire to pull feeds and create vocab without term extraction
- Write up a first spec/prototype.
- Present v.1
- Present use cases
- Show of hands for those who wish to be on a mailing list to recieve information related to the call [or event or direct action] from the facilitators
- Show of hands for those who wish to share their contact info with others on the call who wish to share info
- Show of hands for those willing to take the two hour basic Maestro class to be co-facilitators or for those willing to take the two hour basic and two hour advanced Maestro classes to be tech assistants on this call. Call must have trained facilitators before third call can be scheduled.
- Send comments or feedback on the call to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Big thank you to the note taker and to all for participating.
- Tone indicates the end of call. Those who wish to remain and chat will be on open mic for 20-30 minutes
- Do a once over on the wiki pages
- Get more people to get feedback
- Join the OccupyResearch call and introduce those folks to harmonized tags
- And write up a spec before the